Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Beauty of Song

This is one of my favorite moments ever in the Lord of The Rings trilogy. This shows why it can be so important to mix song with action events that contrast each other. Editing, an amazing thing here.

Aside from his quite beautiful singing voice, Billy Boyd does a great job showing the pain his character feels knowing that men are dying and the Steward may lose his only son now but doesn't seem to care.

Favorite scene!

Is there a scene from LOTR that you find that the cross editing makes it so much more beautiful or where the music adds everything to the scene? What about in other movies? Feel free to post a video of it.

Here is my favorite for you to see.


2 comments:

  1. Honestly, although I love Howard Shore and all his soundtracks, the LOTR one gets a little wearing somewhere around the extended version of Return of the King. As to songs, I've always wondered why none of the movies has ever used and of Tolkien's own songs, many of them set to music by Donald Swann back in the 1960's? But if I had to pick a song in a LOTR it would actually be the Mithrandir chorus from Ralph Bakshi's animated film version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree and wish they added more songs. I think thats one reason I love The Hobbit so much. They did both songs from the meeting of "Thats what Bilbo Baggins Hates!" and the Misty Mountain song. I always thought that the Tolkien's songs were so beautiful and poetic and I always heard myself singing them in my head. I even made my own version of "Thats what my mother hates" when i clean the kitchen. I was always accident prone so as i got older and read The Hobbit it fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete