Thursday, May 16, 2013

NOT SO GREAT GATSBY!

For the first time ever...I sat in a theater where the ENTIRE theater BOOed the movie!!

I love the director, Moulin Rouge is one of my favorite movies ever! That being said....

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?

1. The Great Gatsby IS NOT A LOVE STORY!!!
2. Can you say BAD ACTING!?
3. Leo...you look like a Great Gatsby....but please...don't talk anymore...
4. Toby...not bad...but dear god...could they make you any more naive?!
5. No...that is not what it was like during the 20s...parties were not that over the top!
6. Old sport!? You say that one more time in that accent and I'll slap someone...
7. Baz Luhrmann....I love your style...but really?! WHAT'S WITH THE MUSIC?
8. Can anyone tell me what happened to Myrtle? She like...vanished for the entire length of the movie and then she is BEEP!! (spoiler alert)
9. Do I feel bad for anyone in the movie? NOPE
10. Was I sad that Gatsby died? NOPE

All in all...TERRIBLE!

This was NOT The Great Gatsby.

If you want to watch a good movie, watch the 1974 version with Mia Farrow. Now that is a good movie!

Please...do not waste your money!

No comments:

Post a Comment