Saturday, May 11, 2013

Great Gatsby Or Not So Great??

So tomorrow I will be going to see the new Great Gatsby movie by one of my favorite directors, Baz Luhrmann.

So this is how I see it...the movie will either be AMAZING...or just terrible....

But here is what i want to know...the casting...who do you think will be better or is better if you saw it?

Leonardo DiCaprio VS Robert Redford
Carey Mulligan VS Mia Farrow
Tobey Maguire VS Sam Waterston


Who do you think best plays the lead characters?

Also...do you even consider Great Gatsby a "love story"?

I know what one viewer will say, but think about it...do you think there was ever ANY love in the story or just lust and Daisy using Gatsby?

I will be posting a video the next few days with a review of the film!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maria,

    Saw it last Saturday. I love Baz, but to me this seemed a bit, well, underwhelming. Everyone criticizes Baz for his excess, but I think this movie could have used a bit MORE excess. Everything seemed beautiful but restrained. I did love Toby McGuire, though his character is far more naive than it is in the novel, and of course the parties at Gatsby's were faboo -- but still, something seemed missing. Should I have seen it in 3D? Ah well, it had its moments, but was not as good as I'd hoped!

    ReplyDelete