Sunday, February 3, 2013

I am guilty of never seeing...

Face it, there has to be some movie that you feel everyone has seen but you. WHAT IS IT!?

I will confess....I have never seen seen a Monty Python film before. Never! I hear people quoting it on a day to day basis and feel like I'm missing out on every joke. 

At the same time though, my mother has never seen Princess Bride! How can you go through your life never seeing Princess Bride? 

Tell me what film makes you feel this way or what film you think everyone must see before they die.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Well, there are a few films like those ones for me -- and they are mostly the ones that film studies folks look askance at me for NOT having seen. I have never seen a Godard film and have no desire to ever see one. French new wave is a mystery to me, and I feel no inclination to solve it.

    On the other side, I think there are some astonishing films that my friends who are film buffs/film studies people OUGHT to have seen, and it stuns me that often they have not: Powell & Pressburger's Life and Death of Colonel Blimp or 49th Parallel (where else can you see Eskimos take out Nazis?); Welles's Mr. Arkadin, and then the even more obscure: Return to Oz, My Winnipeg, La Jetee, or the Triplets of Belleville ... the list goes on. Films seem to be the one thing that people can disagree about the most richly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I love The Princess Bride! And Monty Python. A lot of their sketches are on YouTube. The movie I have never seen is a Clockwork Orange. I admit that I started to watch it..but the first two minutes were kind of bleh and I got distracted... However this seems to be favorite movie for a lot of people. I spend more time on indie films and whatever happens to be on TV. TV can be a weird place for movies...

    ReplyDelete